About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week of solid running = Pain in my knee

Memorial week was a great week!  I am into the busy season at work, which consists of working 90 hours a week, and I will no longer have the time to write in my blog more than once a week.

Since I ran the 5k this week I have been motivated to run more and more miles.  The problem is that I can't run more miles with the pain in my knee!  I spoke with a professional runner this week and he had told me that I need to go to the gym and lift more weight so that my legs stay strong.  I will give this a whirl but my feelings about this are if my knee locks up and stays in pain when I lay down or run uphill, why wouldn't it lock up when I am lifting?  I don't understand.  I will try this out by beginning at the gym and we will see what the results are. 

This weeks running ended up being a total of 26 miles, which is a great week.  I am not disappointed at all.  I am looking forward to my full but I am having difficulties deciding on which full I am going to run.  I could run the wineglass in Corning or I can run the empire state in Syracuse.  I am not sure, but I will make a decision soon.  My next race that I plan on running is the 4th of July Irondequoit 10k.  I am looking forward to that race.  Let's see what the knee feels like this week with the gym and with the occasional running.

2 comments:

  1. everyone is doing corning :) its gonna be fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Join us for wineglass! Shmeagans and I are staying at the Econolodge in Corning. How can you pass up a chance to stay in such a classy establishment? And for my final point...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete