About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Dash for Dad Prostate Awareness 5k!

Today I had the day off and I decided to run a race early in the morning.  I ran today with my buddy Oliver and his friend from work, Jessica.  It was a pretty awesome day!  We all set PR's today.  Jessica has never run a race before in her running career which began today.  Jessica, for her first race, ran the race in 36:44 which works out to be 11:51 pace, she ran a great race.  Oliver ran the race in 21:50 which works out to about 7:03 min/mile pace and was 2nd place in his age group.  I personally set a record of 24:06 which works out to a 7:46 min/mile and placed 2nd in my age group!  That is f'n awesome!  The only downfall to this day was that I could have run a faster race if I wouldn't have gone to the front of the line.  I took off with all of the big dogs and found myself falling very short.  Aside from all of that BS, I am super excited for all of us, we came, we saw and we conquered! 

Normally we would have recipe of the week day but today we had a cook out at the house.  All I can say is "La Caja China"  this is the most magical cooker!  Joe and I put 5 baby back ribs, 3 chickens and 1 leg of lamb in to cook for 2 hours.  Along with all of the meat were some great sides that we all put together.  Mac Salad, Irish potato salad, and even greek salad.  The end result was great food and Good Times with great friends! 

 Stay Hungry my Friends!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment