About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The weather couldn't have been better!

Today I didn't have to be at work until 2:30pm which is always a treat!  I got to run by myself and really think about what is going on in my life.  Lately, I have had the feeling as if there was something missing in my life.  I am not sure why because I think that I have everything that anybody could want.  I have an awesome family, a great career, great friends, and the will to do anything I put my mind to.  What am I missing?  What could possibly be bothering me?  By the end of my run I still haven't figured it out.  Oh well I guess it will pass!  (Just like #9)

Today's run was 6.16 miles in 54:31 which works out to an 8:51 min/mile pace.  Mid run my knee started bothering me again, but I pulled through the discomfort!  I know I should rest my knee but first I want to try out a knee brace and see if that will help.  I love to run and I want to set PR's every race I run.  I don't want a knee injury to stop me from training.  I feel that this is a huge calling in my life and I don't want this to hold me back. 

Anyways, my journey towards my first full marathon is a ways away.  I am going to give my knee a rest so that I can continue to run for a long time!  I will not let this defeat me! 

4 comments:

  1. I think you need a boyfriend......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you're missing is chocolate peanut butter bars ;) But in all seriousness, I've felt like that before too. Then usually shortly thereafter I get some thought in my head like you know what, you should move in with roommates or go to the Galapagos or train for a marathon, etc. Shake things up a little. And then I do. And awesomeness and hilarity ensues. You will figure it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not entirely against you getting a boyfriend..... I mean Jen is talking about shaking things up, and saying hilarity would ensue... who are we to argue?

    ReplyDelete