About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Unity Health System Rochester Flower City Half Marathon

First things first, wooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo!!  The weather was perfect, the music play list was tolerable, the masses of spectators was great, Joe, Lindsey, Sheila, Eric and Jen are the best motivators to run with and Alyson was the BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER!  My original thoughts for the run was to stick around with Eric and Jen through the first six or seven miles and then take off.  Well let's just say, on race day plans always change.



When Jen, Eric and myself were running within the first three miles we passed a "milestone landmark" in my life!  While running we passed by the Radisson Hotel where on May 16, 2003 I smoked my last cigarette and threw a whole pack away!  That may have lit a little fire under my @$$!  I was super excited to pass that landmark and I think it also played a role in my final time!

Runner// Finish Time
Jen         1:45:14    8:03 min/mile
Eric        1:56:43   8:56 min/mile
Joe         1:59:05   9:05 min/mile
Lindsey  2:05:02    9:37 min/mile
Sheila     2:25:01   11:08 min/mile
Great Run!


At mile number five, Jen and I picked up the pace and pushed it hard all the way until the end.  Jen finished in 1:45:14.  She is so fast!  While Jen and I approached where the hills began (5.5 mile marker) she took off!  I mean, I looked at her backside for about another 4.5 miles and then I could no longer see her!  That's correct I was starring at her backside!  ;)

Let's recap;
My first half marathon was 1:57 and my second was 2:02.  Needless to say I wasn't happy with my time increasing by 5 minutes.  Knowing that I have trained throughout the dead of winter, I knew I was going to be ready for this next race.  My goal was to run this half marathon in 1:45 which would have been an 8:00 min/mile.  I did not accomplish this goal.  I am in no way disappointed about my time, in fact I am ecstatic about it.

Runner // Finish Time                             // Placement 
Shoooter   1:47:02     8:11 min/mile            358 out of 1839 (that is awesome)

Overall it was a great day and a great run.  Time to start training for my first Full Marathon, and I hope that you're all there with me the whole way!

1 comment:

  1. Great race!1 Super happy for ya even if I didn't run well! Next big race is october! Lets do it!!

    ReplyDelete