About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Training begins!

Today marks the first day of my journey towards my first full marathon.  I am really excited about it because first of all when you start training you can only hope to have great weather like today!  It was 43 degrees and sunny!  This run was great because I had the opportunity to run with my boss.  I call this an opportunity because with all of the hours we put in at work we never get the opportunity to just relax and have a conversation.  Today I got to learn a bit more about him and he as well had the opportunity to learn about me.  This is a very important part of my life so I think that it makes us stronger as a team! 

Today we ran 7 miles in 1:02 which works out to 8:51 min/mile.  Not bad!  I have to remember in my training that holding a slower pace in the first few weeks isn't a bad thing, in fact it will only help me to grow as a runner!  My goal at this time is to finish the race.  I will eventually build a time frame in which I would like to finish the race but for now, just finish!  My friend Jen gave me a running schedule to follow, she is running the full marathon in Cleveland next weekend, I will probably steal a few ideas from that and then develop what I call the Shoooter Plan! 

I hope that whomever reads this will continue to follow me throughout my journey and feel free to leave insightful comments, words of encouragement, constructive criticism and as always jokes.  Everybody needs jokes! 

4 comments:

  1. good use of the word "whom" and good luck, you know we will be running with you a ton in the next few months!

    did you pick a race yet? do wineglass :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do Wineglass! It looks super fun. As fun as running 13 or 26 miles can be!

    Happy first day of marathon training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have almost convinced myself to run the full marathon at wineglass!!! yay shoooter for running a full marathon! you'll kick ass, i'm sure!! :) --sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like wineglass is winning... just saying

    ReplyDelete