About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Recipe of the Week; Pork Roulade with Gouda Dauphinois Potato and Tomato Onion Salad

I did not run today, in fact I don't plan on running until this Saturday.  My legs are exhausted which means that I pushed myself to my limit yesterday.  Today was considered a Calorie Cheat Day.  Which brings me to THE RECIPE OF THE WEEK!

Pork Roulade with Gouda Dauphinois Potato and Tomato Onion Salad;

This was an amazing dinner.  I was going to make a vegetarian dish tonight but my friend Jen couldn't make it for dinner.  So I decided to eat meat tonight!  This meal was inspired by my roommate Joe who LOVES MEAT!

Take a pork tenderloin and slice it along the edge unrolling it until it is flat like a piece of paper
Take spinach, garlic, olive oil and seasoning and par-saute it in a pan
Lightly season the pork and add the spinach along with fresh mozzarella  sliced thin
Tightly roll up the pork and use cooking twine to tie up loose ends
Season, Pan-sear and bake at 350 for about 25 mins

Take Russet Potatoes clean and skin them
Use a Mandolin and slice the potatoes thin
Make a cream mixture with Half and Half and Heavy Cream
Shred Gouda Cheese
Homemade seasoning
Use olive oil to lubricate the pan
Layer the pan by following this method,
First layer of potato, cream, seasoning and cheese
Continue this until you reach the top of the pan
Bake on 350 for 2 hours

Take gourmet tomatoes, white onions and homemade balsamic dressing
Slice the onions thin and quarter the tomatoes
Add the Balsamic Dressing to the Mix and Season to taste


 
This was a delicious dish!  Try it out and let me know what you think!

Training begins again on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. whats the difference between tomatoes and gourmet tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gourmet tomatoes are a mix of Heirloom tomatoes which come in different colors and each portray their own particular flavor! Which makes for wonderful flavor profile on your pallet!

    ReplyDelete