About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Too soon to start training?

So today I am running 3.38 with Eric and Jen out at Fleet Feet and low and behold my knee starts to really bother me.  I think maybe because I had forgotten to take my Glucosamine Chondroitin today or even that I hadn't drank a sufficient amount of water for the day.  I also thought to myself maybe I should take a few more days off from running to let my knee heal, but then I thought what would cause this annoying twinge?  Webmd says these symptoms are most common in middle age to elderly people.  Wait am I middle age now?  Last I checked I was 29 years old and not half way through my life.

Ahhhhh!  I am trapped in a glass case of emotion! (Anchor Man)  What do I do?  Do I continue to run and train or do I take a break.  Should I just drink more water and test my theory?  Bottom line is that I need to rest my knee and relax.  I will take a break and if the pain continues I will talk to a Doctor!

My run today was a short run and easy, it was 3.38 miles in 28:36 which works out to be 8:27 min/mile.  I am extremely excited to be able to say 8:27 is an easy run.  I have come a long way since I started running again so I guess I can take a break and heal!

1 comment:

  1. Let it rest, for every mile of racing the suggest 1 day off... 13 miles of racing means almost 2 weeks of no hard running and almost no running at all.

    ReplyDelete