About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Recipe of the Week; Frittata with Spinach and Roasted Tomatoes

Saturday morning was a very light run 7.71 miles in 1:09:19 which works out to 8:59 min/mile.  It was a good run and by the end of it my legs were very tired.  For the first week of training I ran 27.8 miles.  Today I ran 3.2 miles in 23:41 which works out to 7:24 min/mile which is a PR!

Recipe of the Week;  Frittata with spinach and roasted tomaotes,

This recipe was inspired from my father who used to make this when I was growing up.

  

Boil 1/2 pound of spaghetti 
Mix 4 eggs with salt, pepper and pecorino romano
Add mix to al dente spaghetti, spinach and roasted tomatoes
Make sure that you coat everything with egg mix
Take pasta mix and place in a cast iron pan
Cook until it is golden brown, Flip over and repeat

This is a great recipe and don't worry you can add meat to it if you'd prefer!  

Give it a try and let me know what you think! 

2 comments:

  1. I just made frittata the other night! In Spain they eat "spanish tortilla," which is onion and potato frittata. So i make those a lot, but then I found a recipe for sweet potato and onion frittata. Also very good. I will have to try this one sometime. :) --sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete