About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ignoring my worst enemy!

This evening at 5:47 I began my hill run.  I ran 5.96 miles in 50:41.  This works out to around 8:30 per mile which is much better than my last few runs. 

Have you ever thought too much while running?  That was my problem today, although I did have a great run tonight, I kept thinking how tired my body was.  My worst enemy is my thoughts!  These things can make or break my ability to run faster and stronger.  I am always a glass is half full type person, but for some reason my thoughts try to take me down.  Thanks to all of my friends who ran with me this evening, some of them are comedic relief, others keep me focused on pushing myself to do better. 

Overall I had a great run and lesson learned "ignore that bastard!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment