About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Flower City Challenge Half Marathon

Three weeks until my half marathon personal challenge and record.

I am pretty excited about today's run, 13.68 miles in 1:58.  This turns out to be 8:41 pace.  I ran with my friend Jen, Eric and Oliver.  Unfortunately Eric has Colitis and has been suffering over the past week.  He had a great run and is overcoming this aggravating disease.  If anyone is an inspiration it is definitely him.  Follow him at runericrun.blog.com

I had a great run too and on top of that I could have run another minute faster per mile.  If you remember my first half marathon was 8:56 pace and then my second was 9:18 pace.  I am feeling very positive about my progress and I feel that on race day I will be able to do an 8:00 pace that I need to get to 1:45 finish time. 

While I continue these personal records and challenges i hope that I can inspire anybody who wants more just as I do.  Keep on working hard at what you're doing, keep pushing and don't let your off days put you off!  

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the mention! great run this weekend yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete