About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Long week is cause for short runs.

This has been one hell of a week!  Let me reiterate, I love my career choice and I don't mind the hours I work.  This week I have been up before 6:00 am four out of my six day work week.  Some of you may think that isn't bad, but I do work until 9:00 pm at the earliest. 

On Saturday, I would usually get up and run up to about 10 - 13 miles in the early AM, but this time I had to work.  At about midday my boss told me to take three hours and go take a run!  This is a great thing but I also live 30 minutes away from my job!  I had the opportunity to run 3.12 miles with my friend Eric and his wife Sheila.  We ran this in 30 minutes, which is a very relaxed run at 9:36 mins/mile.  Good times!  It felt good that I was able to get out of work for a little bit and run. 

I have been very tired all week because of the awkward schedule.  In fact I have been so tired that I went out for a few drinks with my friend Alyson on Saturday night and after two drinks I was exhausted.  I was literally falling asleep in my chair.  Not cool!

Now, I agreed to run with Eric on Sunday morning at 9:00 am, and I was very late for that run.  I slept in until about 8:45 am and did not get out of my bed until about 9:15!  By the time I made it to Eric's and started running it was about 10:00 am.  I digress, we also have plans to go white water rafting today and we need to leave by 11:00 am.  Which by the way, if you haven't gone yet I highly recommend Letchworth State Park beginner course.

Today we ran 2.7 miles in 23.19 which works out to be 8:38 mins/mile.  This was also a very relaxed run and very good but I was still tired.  I hope that tonight I am able to get some rest so that tomorrow when I run with Jen and Eric I am not useless.

Although I have been tired this week I know my body is adjusting to the soon to be very long hours.  I know that this is also a good sign for me to listen to my body and let my it rest and re-energize!

No comments:

Post a Comment