About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good Friends = Good Times

I can't really think of anyone else I would rather run hills with then Jen, Eric and Sheila!  I moved here just over a year ago and I can honestly say that I have made some really great friends.  Thanks to Joe, Eric and Sheila I began running again, and to Jen because each time I run with her she just goes at here pace (which is really fast) and I try to keep up. 

Each time I run I feel as if I am challenging myself to run faster and harder (no pun intended).  When, in all reality it is the people around me that do.  Today we ran hills, which are never fun, and we pushed hard to accomplish the time that we did.  5.59 miles in 46:23 which works out to about an 8:17 min/mile.  Eric had issues today with his Colitis, I had issues with my reverse of Colitis and Jen, well Jen just keeps running (Robot).  She said that the older she gets the more awesome she is!  How can that be, when the older I get the more my body reminds me that I am getting older?  Is there a way to be more awesome?  What is the secret?  Eric is probably one of the strongest runners I know.  He fights through his pains in hopes of not (insert explicative) his pants!  He keeps training when most people would give up. 

I guess what I am trying to say is, the people that I run with push me to be better then I am.  They push through the tough times and they push through the good!  I have learned a lot from and about them and I hope to continue this journey with them for a long time!  Great run today! 

2 comments:

  1. Every day you get up and try again, every obstacle you overcome, every goal you set and work towards makes you awesomer. You are running so well! Take the minor setbacks in stride and keep going!

    ReplyDelete