About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday will now be Recipe of the Week day!

60 degrees and cloudy!  Nobody can complain about this weather! It wasn't cold and it wasn't snowing.  This winter in Rochester has been dragging its feet for way too long.  It is time that the warmer weather finally comes out!

Tonight we made this an easy run, we ran 8.2 miles with some hills.  Our overall pace was 8:52.  I can honestly say after I finished running I felt like I could do another 5 miles with ease.  Maybe it is the weather and then again maybe because I have been on the Shoooter training program.  It may even have to do with the diet in which I have been following. 

Good energy food equals good energy output.  Which brings me to the recipe of the week!  This recipe is great for any person who doesn't like to cook.

Fish Ceviche

Tilapia, Haddock or Bass
Red Onion
Sweet Peppers (red, yellow & orange)
Lemon
Lime

Take the fish and cut it into cubes and place it in a large bowl
Take the red onion and sweet peppers and cut into cubes as well and place into the same bowl
Cut the lemons and limes into half and squeeze the juices over the mix then throw them into the bowl
Add Sea Salt & Fresh Ground pepper for flavor
Stir mixture until all of the fish is covered in lemon and lime juice
Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight
** You can add jalapeno to this if you would like a little more spice **

I buy the food should taste good lime chips which is a great compliment to this wonderful recipe

After you try this recipe out let me know your thoughts.  You can eat it with chips or you can put it into a wheat wrap with lettuce, tomato, avocado and hot sauce for a little extra boost!

Remember, eat healthy(er) and feel a lot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment