About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Recipe of the Week; Greens & Beans with Whole Wheat Gnocchi

I have had an incredible weekend!  Saturday I had the opportunity to work a half day so that I could go to the Elton John concert!  Which by the way was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.  Since opportunities door opened I took full advantage of going for a run!  Joe and I got together and while he did a 10 mile run I cut mine short so that I wasn't late to the concert!  I ran 8.61 miles in 1:16, which works out to a comfortable run at 8:49 mins/mile. 

Today Jen, Eric and myself had the chance to run in the pouring rain.  Which was awesome!  Another comfortable and also final run before the race.  We ran 5.01 miles in 45:52 which works out to be 9:09 mins/mile.  This is the last week before the Flower City Challenge Half Marathon.  I am extremely excited and cannot wait for May 1, to come! 

This recipe is for my friend Jen who is a vegetarian and I know she really enjoyed the dinner!

Greens & Beans with Whole Wheat Gnocchi;

Start with diced onions and olive oil in a saute pan
wait until the onions have become transparent then add two cups of white wine
(I prefer to use a pinot grigio)
Let wine reduce by half
add washed and chopped escarole and season with salt and pepper to taste
once the escarole has cooked down by half add cannellini beans and let simmer
After you have boiled the gnocchi (which the recipe will be saved for another day),
strain water and add them to the saute pan
let cook until the gnocchi have taken on the flavor of the wine sauce (approximately 5 mins)
place in bowl and sprinkle pecorino romano over the top



Enjoy and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously one of the best things I have ever eaten. And that's saying something, since all my other favorite foods are dessert.

    ReplyDelete