About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weather forecast is cold!

Although we are very lucky that we do not have hurricanes or tornadoes, I would really appreciate some consistent weather!  I can really appreciate the change in seasons, that is why I still live in NY state, but really, if it is going to be 60 degrees one night why is it that the next day it has to be 35 degrees?  It makes it very hard for my body to adjust to the weather. 

Which brings me to my next set of questions.  Is it the weather that is affecting my running or is my body just tired from training?  Tuesday nights we usually run hills, which I have been keeping an average of 8:30 pace.  Tonight I ran 5.1 miles in 47:03 that comes to about 9:15 pace.  How is it that I am getting slower and not progressing?  Am I expecting too much out of myself?  Am I not pushing myself hard enough?  Should I take a few days off and not worry about it?  These are just a few thoughts based off of what I know my potential is. 

Now that I let the storm of thoughts clear out of my head I hope to hear the thoughts from some fellow runners! 

3 comments:

  1. you ran 8 yesterday, and today it was cold and windy, it happens we also did a slow warmup with the pup and a real slow cool down, usually we run that in the 7:30 range, and tonight it was upper 8's... it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are faster than others. Every day can't be a PR and you need some easy days. You are still progressing though. You will be awesome on race day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you simply need to relax and not try to compare the numbers from one workout with those of the next, or one week with the next. thats a quote today from Hal Higdon... not sure who he is? google his old ass!!!

    ReplyDelete