About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Today was really windy!  The wind was so strong today I felt as if I was being pushed backwards!  Aside from the wind Jen and I had a great run.  We ran 6.23 miles in 50:56 this comes to 8:10 pace!  How awesome is that?  My pace is right where I want it to be and with only three weeks until the race, I feel very good!

Today's recipe of the week was inspired by my walk through Wegmans!  My roommate and I were walking through the meat department and he noticed a wonderful piece of Lamb.  From that point on we were both salivating over all of our wonderful ideas and finally decided on the following.

Grilled hearts of Romaine, Gourmet Tomato & Penne Pasta Salad
With
Grilled boneless Leg of Lamb Recommended Temperature is Medium Rare, with house seasoning (what ever your little heart desires)

Take your Hearts of Romaine, quarter them and season them with your homemade balsamic vinaigrette
place them on the grill and let sit until they have a nice char on both sides

Boil Penne Pasta until al dente

1/2 and Saute the Gourmet Tomatoes with some challots until soft

Citrus Buerre Blanc sauce;
1 Shallot, 1tblsp. butter, 1 tsp. olive oil, 1/4 bottle dry white wine let reduce to half, Squeeze Fresh Lemon
Add heavy cream (1/8 cup), 3/4 stick of butter, Salt & Pepper let reduce by 1/4


Chop Grilled hearts and toss in pasta with the tomatoes and Citrus Buerre Blanc Sauce Garnish Pasta with Feta Cheese (Israeli feta is creamier and has a better flavor)
Take Lamb and Slice half inch pieces place on plate and Enjoy the Magic in your mouth!




Let me know what you think!  This was absolutely delicious!

3 comments:

  1. i'll give ya magic in your mouth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize we were going that fast! Do you and Joe frequently check out the meat department?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, you always try and bring the creepy out in me! I am glad we have that understanding that "Creepy is the new funny!" (r) DP. Yes by the way Joe and I do frequent the meat department!

    ReplyDelete