About Me

My photo
Rochester, NY, United States
To be frank, I have a lot of energy, I need to keep my mind & body moving or I will get bored or fall asleep. I love to work and in my down time I run, play sports, go out to eat, spend time with friends, etc... I have an interest in just about everything. I guess my biggest downfall is that I work 60+ hours a week and that is a slow week. I try to run an average of 25 miles a week, sometimes it's possible sometimes not so much.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Running along the beach!

I can't think of a better way to start a Saturday morning off then to begin with a 7.71 mile run down the trails next to the beach!  Hilly run!  The weather was definitely chilly but with the sun glaring down it felt really good!

My friend Jen and I started our run at 8:00 am.  Jen is that person who you run with that has more speed than you and yet still stays at pace with you.  She also pushes me to run faster then I would normally run.  Thanks Jen!  We started off at about a 9 min pace which would normally be fine but I didn't drink enough water before my run and my heart rate wouldn't catch up with itself.  I kept pushing myself to run faster and by the end of the run I realized that I need to make sure I get enough water in my system.

Although it seems as if I had a rough run, my overall pace was 8:19 per mile and that is great timing.  If you don't remember, my goal for the Flower City Challenge Half marathon it is 1:45 which comes to an 8 min mile.  I am one month away and I feel as if my goal will be close if not spot on! 

2 comments: